Why do I need a backup solution for Office 365 mailboxes?
There’s a common misconception that Microsoft fully backs up Office 365 data as part of the
subscription, but this is not the case.
- Microsoft doesn’t provide native options to back up Office 365 mailboxes – Microsoft is responsible for providing the necessary infrastructure and ensuring Office 365 works, but it’s your responsibility to protect your Office 365 data.
- Microsoft cannot help with unexpected data loss or damage – Having a solid backup solution in place ensures that even if mailbox items disappear from the network or are rendered useless, you have access to a backed-up copy, eliminating problems or repercussions that could arise from the missing data.
- Problems with accessing and searching email data – Without a single backup location for a company’s mailboxes, this data cannot be protected and stored centrally for easy access, searching and recovery.
- It is the customers responsibility to protect their data against – human error (such as deleted items), malware and hacker attacks, malicious user actions.
That’s why you need to back up Office 365 mailboxes.
Altaro Office 365 Backup is a robust backup and recovery solution that allows you to:
- Pay per mailbox, per month: Pay a single fee per mailbox per month, covering backup and storage. No contracts or upfront costs!
- Minimal recovery point objective: Backups take place automatically several times per day, ensuring a low recovery point objective (RPO) in case of data loss or damage.
- Fast and simple mailbox recovery: Various restore options, for entire mailboxes as well as granular restore of individual items.
- 256-bit AES encryption: All Office 365 data is backed up using AES 256 bit encryption and stored in secure Azure storage.
- Pay as you go: Add or remove mailboxes as needed, and only pay for the boxes backed up per month.
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive backups – Coming soon
Contact us for pricing information or to setup a free 30 day trial